Friday, February 13, 2009

A Real Big THANK YOU!!!!!


I wanted to take a moment to step away from talking about wine, politics, and other general retail nightmares and follies. I am sad to say that my time here at Liquor Direct has come to an end. This weekend will be my last here. I am getting into the gourmet food industry and while I am sad to be leaving behind what after 5 years of service has turned into a small family to me; I am excited to begin a new career in a new industry.


I have learned a lot working here. I originally started at this company working part time during my summer break from UD. I graduated the following semester and was offered a full time position here, and its been a wild ride ever since. I greatly enjoyed developing my palate and wine knowledge and now that I'm hooked I intend on continuing my wine education. I have made many friends here, both employees and customers. I will miss all of them.


I will still be around from time to time, as I do enjoy wine and I will be able to enjoy our weekend wine tastings without the added stress of running the store at the same time. I would not have been able to get my new position without the experiences and skills I gained in my time here. I think this reflects highly on the staff here at all levels. The owners, buyers, managers, cashiers, and everyone in between all have helped me to grow not only professionally, but personally as well. I only hope that I am blessed with the same amount of support in my new career. I just want to again thank everyone here at Liquor Direct and at this company as a whole. I will truly miss everyone here. Thank you again and take care.


Sincerely,


Sean Glossner

No comments: