Wednesday, February 4, 2009

MOTHER'S MILK... IF MOMMY WAS A DRAGON


So I have been meaning to talk about this great new beer I had from New Holland called Dragon’s Milk Ale. It’s a creamy smooth brew with vanilla and caramel notes. It makes me think I am drinking a Milky Way candy bar. It’s sweet up front, with a warm, roasted character. Aged in oak barrels, the wood isn’t too noticeable, and the alcohol (8.5%) is not overwhelming. You could almost qualify the alcohol content as “sneaky” because after finishing, I had a nice buzz working.


This 22 oz. bottle of ambrosia hit the spot after a hard day at of slingin’ wine. As most of you will come to find, I like a good dark beer, and this one certainly met all the criteria. It pours dark, smells of baked chocolate and vanilla, has good carbonation, and possesses great toasty flavors of caramel, toffee and baking spices. It finishes smooth and never turns harsh. I’ll definitely pick up more for the house.

No comments: