Friday, November 21, 2008

(HOLI)DAZED AND CONFUSED


It seems awfully early to reach this point this year but already I am bleary eyed and barking mad. I realize that most of the economic situation is bordering on kamikaze but here in the wine and spirits world, there's a hustle and a bustle that are dizzying to the senses. It's rough keeping up, though I fight for that "eye of the storm" every day. Thank God for my own personal Wonder Twins (Jesse and Shannon).

Yet like the outside world, the wine and spirits world is very dynamic, always ebbing and flowing like a high rising river and levees breaking on all sides.

But I digress.

The holidays (the span between Thanksgiving and Christmas) is the busiest time in the retail world, though thanks to the current economic crises, our counterparts in other aspects of retail will arguably not fair so well. In sad economic times, we seem to want to drink more, so at least there is that. But the stress levels seem to go up, even as our stores do well. Just the nature of the beast I guess.


I hope that you will all join me in being thankful for what we have (though it gets smaller and shabbier each day) and appreciate all that's good in this world. And as for the bad, screw 'em!

No comments: