Monday, June 15, 2009

MUSIC MONDAY: MAYNARD ROCKS!


Kind of going with the Twitter flow, and much thanks to Katie at Gonzo Gastronomy for the recent music and wine WBW, I had the crazy idea to do a regular Monday Music and Wine post. For those of you who know me, it's really not that far a stretch - it combines my two biggest passions - wine and music - into one nice piece for Under the Grape Tree.


So this week, ironically enough, the good folks at Wine Expedition and our good friend Michelle at My Wine Education tipped me to the upcoming documentary called "Blood Into Wine: The Arizona Stronghold." The movie chronicles Tool/Perfect Circle lead singer Maynard James Keenan and his business partner/winemaker Eric Glomski, and their efforts to start a vineyard in Northern Arizona. Done by the producers of other musically-themed documentaries "Moog" and "My Heart is a Drum Machine," the film is due out in 2010. You can check out the trailer here or visit http://www.wineexpedition.com/ for more details. Until then I will be trying very hard as always to score some of their award winning wines from Caduceus, Page Springs and of course, the Arizona Stronghold Vineyards.



2 comments:

Katie Pizzuto said...

I was SOOOO hoping you were gonna review the wine (though I'm glad I inspired a theme)! I'm a huge Tool fan, and I've heard a lot of stuff about the documentary, and obviously about Maynard's wines, but haven't tried any. Wine reviews have been all over the place with this, so I was hoping to hear your opinion. Alas! Happy Monday!

k2 said...

Katie, I would if I could. I do have Maynard's Chupacabra and two of Eric Glomski's Page Springs wines, but haven't had the gumption to open them. In the works is an attempt (albeit perhaps impossible) to get his wines for our area. Stay tuned though. I'll have write-ups of his stuff soon. Thanks for checkin' in. Will link your blog to this one today.