Sunday, June 14, 2009

DOMAINE DE PELLEHAUT HARMONIE ROUGE 2007


The Grade: OUTSTANDING. The Mojo: What I really love to find whenever I am searching for new wines for the store, is an incredible value in French wines. Let me introduce to you the Domaine de Pellehaut Harmonie Rouge 2007, a remarkable value red blend, comprised of Merlot and Tannat from the VDP des Cotes de Gascogne appellation. I was just blown away by this wine, and immediately ordered 2 pallets of the stuff (I don't normally do that) because it's awesome, and I can sell it for $6.99! Unfortunately, my sales rep wasn't told it was sold out - so I have had to wait for almost three months to finally have it in the store. It's a really well-balanced wine, with the softness, subtle tannins, and red fruit and spice notes carried from the Merlot, washing together effortlessly with the unctuous, jammy notes of black fruits from the robust Tannat grape. Some oak aging gives it a velvety and vanillin quality, and it shows astonishingly well with grilled pork chops, burgers, pizza and other easy fare. This is one to buy by the case.

No comments: