Monday, October 19, 2009

WINE & MUSIC: THE CURE AND BOOKWALTER

I have been having a helluva time re-acclimating myself to Midwest time – just 5 days on the west coast and I am wrecked. I’ve been processing a lot of different ideas, notions, vibes, etc. and one of the things that I have been doing to readjust to my surroundings is listening to some old The Cure. Yeah, call me crazy but that shrill-melancholy vocal styling of Robert Smith is just what I need to get my morose-mojo back.

I wasn’t into them when they first came out back in the ‘80’s. I really didn’t show up for the party until the early-‘90’s, when a friend of mine played “Disintegration” for me. The song “Fascination Street” is still one of my all-time favorites. Check it out here:





Still thinking about the wines of Washington State, one that has been great to drink, in remembering all that was phenomenal about the trip, is the Bookwalter Subplot NV No. 23, a smooth, lush blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, and even Barbera, that is full of plush, velvety notes of red, blue and black fruit flavors, aromas of spice and berries, and a long-lingering finish that will forever conjure a night beneath the Pacific Northwestern skies, at the foot of the Cascades, nestled comfortably in the bosom of Mother Earth.

The Cure and Bookwalter – an odd combination, yet one that works the magic back into the strange world we fumble around in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have never heard of this before but maybe some day I will look into it. My real name is after the cure and I live in Virginia. Have fun!!!