Thursday, October 22, 2009

TAMAS ESTATE DOUBLE DECKER RED 2007

One thing I just stumbled onto recently was the new Tamas Estate Double Decker Red 2007, a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah and Barbera that leads you into a really nice, crowdpleasing red blend that offers good red and black fruit aromas and flavors, good weight and grip on the palate, and a smooth and easy finish for those last hurrahs on the grill before winter comes.

I like the new direction Tamas Estates is going, leaving behind the Cal-Itals they were known for a decade or so ago, opting for a more universal appeal with wines like the Double Decker red. Give it a try!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You stumbled onto a gem. I had this wine for the first time yesterday. Terrific wine and a great value.

Anonymous said...

What/who is the winery/owner?

Anonymous said...

I should add that it was just served in my Delta business class flight LA-NY.

Unknown said...

Also having a class up in Delta business class from Cancun to Detroit. I must say it's a nice change from all the warm riojas we had in Mexico.
Dan Bendtsen