Wednesday, December 24, 2008

GRAPE TREE STAFF TOP TEN OF 2008: SEAN

[Sean Glossner is our store manager and main wine consultant at our Fort Thomas location. He's been here about 3+ years and continues to inspire our clientele there at our newest store. Here are Sean's Top 10 for the year...]

My top 10 list of wines I have tried over the course of the year.

10) Hope Estate Shiraz 2006 "The Ripper". This little Shiraz from down under lived up to its name. It was a monster wine for under $15.

9) Justin Orphan 2006. A great wine from a great producer. I like that its a wine with a little mystery to it.

8) Domaine Pichot Vouvray 2007. Hands down the best all purpose white wine I had all year round. This goes great with just about anything you can think of.

7) Wild Oak Zinfandel 2005. Big full bodied zin with a nice cedar and spice undertone. Long and peppery finish. Just the way I like them.

6) Planeta Chardonnay 2006. All I can say is holy oak and butter that is the BIGGEST Chardonnay I have ever had. It was by far the best Chard I had all year.

5) Ridge Independence School 2003. Dug into the cellar a bit to pull this one out, but it was an incredible zin. Anything from Ridge is flat out good wine.

4) Montes Alpha M 2005. This is the premier wine from one of Chile's top producers. It was amazing, I actually drank it over a 2 day span.

3) Justin Cabernet Sauvignon 2005. Not only is it one of my favorite cabs, it was also the wine of choice for dinner for my fiance and I on the night of our engagement.

2) Chartogne Taillet NV Brut "Cuvee St.-Anne". For those of you that do not know I am a champagne freak. I love the bubbly and this was the best I had during the year.

1) Orin Swift The Prisoner 2005,2006,2007, etc. This is not only a top 10 wine of the year for me, it more of a top 3 wine of a life time. I love everything about this wine the blend is not your common blend, and it gives the wine a rich almost port like flavor. Lots of raspberry, spice, oak, cedar, and a silky smooth finish that seemingly last for ever. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it. I hope everyone had a great year and that 2009 is even better.

Thanks For A Wonderful Year,

Sean Glossner

No comments: