Friday, January 30, 2009
Whisky Tango Foxtrot Questions
There are many questions that we as wine staff are asked. We expect it, after all we are in retail and its our jobs to field these questions. Some are very easy to answer, some we need to consult with one another to find the correct answer. Some we have to try and maintain our composure even in the most dire or hilarious of circumstances. I'd like to take a moment to share with you some of my favorite questions that I have taken in the line of duty.
1) Is this strawberry wine sweet?
2) What color is the White Zin Grape?
3) I have a 1997 Yellowtail Chard, is it still good?
4) Do you have any grape wine?
5) Which was a better vintage for White Zin, the 2005 or the 2006?
6) I had a wine last night at dinner I don't remember what its called, do you have that one?
7) I have an 18yr old bottle of Andre Spumante, is worth anything?
8) That White Zin was too dry do you have anything sweeter?
9) Do you have a wine with a (insert any random animal) on the label?
10) Which is wine is creamier, the Crane Lake Cab or the Crane Lake Merlot?
While yes these are funny, they are people's legitimate questions. Just remember that everyone starts out somewhere and its better to ask us any and all of your questions. Even if they might seem silly. Besides there is not much out there that you could ask us that we haven't already been asked. Take care and thanks for reading.