Saturday, July 18, 2009

BRAZIN ZINFANDEL 2007


The Grade: OUTSTANDING. The Mojo: The Brazin Zinfandel 2007 from Lodi is, like it states on the label, a (b)old vine Zinfandel. I have to tell you though, if I didn't know better, I would almost swear this was a Cab. It's full-bodied, with big, pronounced tannins, and has a robust flavor profile of dark plums, chocolate and black currants. The "pluminess" gives it away as a Zin, and there are loads of brambly blue fruit aromas and flavors, with racy, spicy, black pepper tones for good measure. This is a pretty impressive effort from the good folks at Delicato Family Vineyards, and a lot of wine for the price.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is dodgy to peg as a zin. It actually is a little peppery so that helps but it could pass as a syrah blend or other, and definitely not a cab. I'm currently preparing to taste it for the second day/night in a row and will rework my review of this wine after that. -Cheers.