Monday, June 16, 2008

THE ONSLAUGHT PART TWO

Early into my vacation, I broiled up some petite Lamb Chops, served alongside roasted turnips and beets, and some fresh asparagus, and opened up a bottle of Montes Cherub 2007 ($13.49). Most folks would think me crazy to open up a rosé with Lamb, but screw it, I’m on holiday.

The trick of it all is that it actually worked, and worked well! It had to have been one of the best pairings I’ve ever had, if I do say so myself. My wife and I have been fans of the Cherub for awhile, but I think we were in agreement in that this vintage was about the best rosé we’ve ever had.

This beautiful, medium-bodied blush drinks like a Barbera or a Dolcetto, with good tannic grip, plush red berries, and hints of spice. Its color is dark and deep for a blush, thanks to the 100% Syrah. If you are looking for a rosé this summer, look no further than the Cherub.

No comments: