Tuesday, November 4, 2008

AN OLD OUTDATED LAW I CAN ACTUALLY LIVE WITH

Election Day, everyone - are you voting? Well, one thing I don't have to worry about interfering with my civic duty is my job - thanks to the old as dirt blue laws here in the great Commonwealth of KY, we are closed until the polls close at 6 pm. It's actually kinda nice - I get to work on putting orders away without a million phone calls, and everything is quite in the store. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be doing my part for good ol' American capitalism and keeping the revenue rolling in (not to mention appeasing the government hounds by racking in tax dollars). However, knowing that we should all be drunk to vote for the yay-hoos the major parties stick us with at the polls, they shut down the liquor stores so that we can stand in line for hours in an almost-lobotomized stupor stone cold sober.

Yeesch!

I do plan on opening a nice bottle of Magnificent Wine Co. House Red in honor of our election day madness. Unlike the candidates and their stances on the issues, this wine is all black and white (on the label) and red on the inside (where I am going with this I don't know).

Just whatever you do, go and vote. And for those who don't vote - shut up for four years and leave me alone.

No comments: